Saturday, November 28, 2009

(plus a little more)

Also last night my brother J was in a One-Act drama competition, and his won! So they are going to Cities, and everyone is thrilled. He is one of the most comedic actors i have seen, and im not just saying that because he is my brother. Well, ok, maybe a little bit. But still, we are all so proud. That guy is going places, im just sayin'.
And after the festival, K and i drove over the bridge to downtown, and we went to Red Star, which happens to be one of the "cool" bars. We went to Red Star because it was our friend Myro's birthday, and K was worried because her ex-boyfriend might be there too. So we got dressed to look sooo cool, sooo laid-back, sooo subtly beautiful that those boys would think wow, what have we lost? (Well, to be honest, K denied this. She said "I have moved on, and besides, I've heard his new girlfriend is very nice.") She is more mature than me sometimes. I, while not at all wishing any harm on him, thought that it couldn't hurt to look stupendous anyways. (I may have tossed my head once or twice while doing my make-up, and said in a sultry voice to the mirror: "you heart-breaker you" , and i may have listened to OK Go's A Million Ways to Be Cruel, but this was just to get in the mood of ive-moved-on-can't-you-see?
To return to my tale: we got downtown (in the car-ride over i yelled at her, and she yelled back, so we got over our fight.) , slid into the booth beside Myro, sipped on our drinks languidly, and laughed and laughed and shot sultry-bored looks at all the cute guys. K's ex was there, and she said hi once, then they ignored each other the rest of the night. I kept on watching the stairs outside, but someone i was hoping to see never showed, and to my surprise, instead of being relieved i was disappointed. And not in the "i still need my revenge" kind of way, but in a way that was like when an old friend you haven't seen in a long time doesn't make it to a party you were hoping to see them at. I was kind of sad, but proud of myself for being so mature, and in the end not being crushed. I think i have officially moved on!

No comments:

Post a Comment