Saturday, December 31, 2011

S.F. Day 5

If this is winter, then this is heaven. I can wear a sweater and sweat in the sun. Yesterday we took the bus to Cow Hollow, and, as my father just said when I asked him to remind me what we did yesterday, he said "Well, you pouted"... and it's true, I did. I was unhappy hangin' with the yuppies in their Ugg boots and leggings and Louis Vuitton bags and Volvos. So instead us kids found a cafe, ordered coffee, and read the paper and wrote notes. While staring outside at the mist.

And then we saw Party of Two- a Mating Musical that night at the Shelton Theatre, and laughed and laughed and laughed.

And now I am writing this while watching Big Bang Theory with the fam, celebrating New Years Eve by having pizza, wine, Fernet Branca, prosecco, and now Japanese single malt whiskey, before we head out for some improv thing my mother found online. Next New Year's who knows where we will be? I am having the feeling that my family, my close knit, always together, always there for me family, will be split up by next year. Is that life? I guess I'll find out.  Happy New Year, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Ugg boots. Say no more.

    This is coincidental. I was inside all night during the New Year's celebrations and was sweating like all get-out. Some winter they have in California ,huh?

    I hear the Japanese have learned to distill some sweet single-malts. Some are even available in the reputable liquor stores 'round these parts. Have to remember to try 'em.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love living through you on your San Fran adventures. It sounds like you really love the city, which is great because it is one of my all time favourites. Maybe I'll meet you there next New Year's Eve? All that warmth and sun sounds so appealing.

    Happy New Year darling. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us.

    Love always!

    xx

    ReplyDelete