I'll start with this: Postman has been newly cast into the role of Knight in Shining Armour in my imagination, due to his oh-so kind nomination for Sugar Doll award...which I graciously accept. Honestly it just made February in the Far North so much more bearable.
I don't think I am going to follow the trend of posting the 10 most manly things possible about me (including everything from drunken pursuits to sci-fi), though it would make for a pretty hilarious post...oh well, next time!
SO here goes: 10 Things That Not Many People Know
1) I think it would be perfectly lovely to find a hut on a beach and live there for a year or two.
2) I would sleep on the floor, not shower for a week, and eat terrible food and still be gloriously happy as long as I was with someone interesting in a foreign place.
3) I like to read. No, I love to read. No, I am OBSESSED with reading, it is my air, and it often occurs to me that I live more in books than I do in the real world (which makes me sad), so the past few years I have been working on creating my own adventures in life rather than living through someone else's imagination. I like to think I've been doing a pretty good job.
4) I love to go fast...really, really fast. Cars, rides, mopeds, ATVs, snowmobiles, anything. It gives me a thrill, and I get that feeling that if I could only go a little bit faster I could fly.
5) The only reason I will watch hockey is to look for the fights. Which rarely happen anymore. In fact, I dislike watching sports on t.v. in general. They give me that queasy feeling of complete and utter boredom.
6) When I was 7 I was given my first pocket knife, because my family used to go camping often. I would whittle pointy "killing sticks", which had rings around them symbolizing every thing I had killed. I was a very imaginative child.
7) I went to an all-girls Catholic boarding school in Perth, Australia, when I was 13-14.
8) Cameron Macintosh told everyone he had kissed me one summer. We hadn't. We had played Chinese checkers for hours instead.
9) I like laying back and staring at the ceiling, and playing tricks with my eyes and making the bumps go in and out, and imagining walking on the roof.
10) Sometimes I make a batch of cookie dough, just to eat it raw.